The Design Futures Council seeks nominations from DFC members for its annual class of Emerging Leaders.
The Design Futures Council seeks nominations for its annual class of Emerging Leaders. Winning nominees will receive registration scholarships to attend the 9th Annual Leadership Summit on Sustainable Design in Atlanta, Oct. 5 – 7. The DFC seeks to identify and recognize emerging leaders who are having – and will increasingly have – a profound impact on design practices, the profession, and the community.
Successful candidates will represent the future of practice in terms of its broadening scope, service to society, sustainable design, technological innovation, or other areas deemed relevant by the nominator.
- Nominees must be within their first 10 years of professional practice.
- They may come from any area of the design professions.
- They must be playing a role in designing a more sustainable future.
- The nominator must be a member of the Design Futures Council or past Summit attendee.
Six candidates will be chosen by a distinguished jury of past Summit delegates to receive a full scholarship, which includes registration and participation in all Summit events. Chosen candidates or their employers will be expected to furnish travel and accommodation expenses to and from the Summit. Some travel assistance may be provided on a case-by-case basis.
To nominate a candidate, download and complete the nomination form by July 1. Nominees and nominators will be notified in July.
We are delighted to announce the new Senior Fellows of the Design Futures CouncilThe Design Futures Council Fellowship is granted annually to outstanding individuals who have provided noteworthy... Read full »
The Design Futures Council names six professionals as its Emerging Leaders for 2013. Read full »
We are delighted to announce the new Senior Fellows of the Design Futures Council Read full »
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on Twitter
- Making the Most of Wall Space, Part 2 - Core77 ow.ly/AS3zl4 hours ago by @dinet
- The Architect’s Guide to Writing | ArchDaily ow.ly/AS3c87 hours ago by @dinet
- Number of Women Architects on the Rise in the UK | ArchDaily ow.ly/AS3GH8 hours ago by @dinet