A new report provides a detailed examination of how renowned firm Morphosis is using technology, design processes, leadership, and culture to enable award-winning and profitable work through integrated practice.
DesignIntelligence and the Design Futures Council have released a new Focus on the Future report that provides a detailed examination of how renowned architecture firm Morphosis is using technology, design processes, leadership, and culture to enable award-winning and profitable work through integrated practice.
Led by architect Thom Mayne, the firm embraces the three major developments changing the way buildings are created:
- A shift from static to dynamic forms
- The intersection of theories of form with the current concerns about sustainable design
- Building information modeling, which enables the complete three-dimensional modeling of a design in the virtual world
Author Stephen D. Dent highlights important lessons to be learned from an advanced practice such as Morphosis by firms seeking to evolve as well as the academy.
The whitepaper can be downloaded from in the DI.net bookstore.
Design Futures Council Announces Changes to the Nantucket Principles with a new Commitment: The Portland Promise Read full »
With an increasing number of architecture and design firms entering into contracts overseas, it's essential to understand the implications of the laws and regulations such as the U.S. Read full »
With recent enforcement actions focused on foreign construction projects and seeking criminal and civil penalties against A/E/C firms and executives, the SEC’s recently adopted rules implementing... Read full »
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on Twitter
- Julia Morgan Awarded 2014 AIA Gold Medal | ArchDaily ow.ly/rIknL9 hours ago by @dinet
- “New Radical Pragmatism”: The 21st Century’s Emerging Style? | ArchDaily ow.ly/rHDPp15 hours ago by @dinet
- Core77's 2013 Ultimate Gift Guide: Worldly Possessions Worth Gifting - Core77 ow.ly/rHvQ416 hours ago by @dinet
- 27 of the Most Eye-Popping Cargo Aircraft Ever Built ow.ly/rFYP917 hours ago by @dinet
- What Industrial Design Renderers Know that the General Public Doesn't - Core77 ow.ly/rFY9T1 day ago by @dinet