The Design Futures Council seeks nominations for its annual class of Emerging Leaders. Winning nominees will receive scholarships to attend the Leadership Summit on Sustainable Design in Chicago this fall.
The Design Futures Council seeks nominations from DFC members for its annual class of Emerging Leaders. Winning nominees will receive registration scholarships to attend the 8th Annual Leadership Summit on Sustainable Design in Chicago, Sept. 30 – Oct. 2. The DFC seeks to identify and recognize emerging leaders who are having – and will increasingly have – a profound impact on design practices, the profession, and the community.
Successful candidates will represent the future of practice in terms of its broadening scope, service to society, sustainable design, technological innovation, or other areas deemed relevant by the nominator.
- Nominees must be within their first 10 years of professional practice.
- They may come from any area of the design professions.
- They must be playing a role in designing a more sustainable future.
- The nominator must be a member of the Design Futures Council.
Six candidates will be chosen by a distinguished jury of past Summit delegates to receive a full scholarship, which includes registration and participation in all Summit events. Chosen candidates or their employers will be expected to furnish travel and accommodation expenses to and from the Summit. Some travel assistance may be provided on a case-by-case basis. Distinguished jurors include Rives Taylor, Kimberly Dowdell, and Ray Manning.
To nominate a candidate, download and complete the nomination form by June 10. Nominees and nominators will be notified in July.
Sponsors are being sought to underwrite this unique scholarship program. For more information, see the nomination form or call (678) 879-0929.
High Performance Energy Practices in Urban Environments Read full »
Design Futures Council Announces Changes to the Nantucket Principles with a new Commitment: The Portland Promise Read full »
In the biggest issue of DesignIntelligence ever published, "America's Best Architecture & Design Schools 2013" presents a definitive analysis of architecture and design programs across the United... Read full »
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on twitter
- BBC News - Climate change 'spurred modern human behaviour' http://t.co/pABYCHv51n@dinet May 22 14:11 pm
- Architecture Billings Shrink for First Time in 9 Months - Architect Magazine http://t.co/1b3pU3mHgT@dinet May 22 12:55 pm
- Architect Peter Marino named one of Fast Co's Most Creative People 2013 - Congrats! http://t.co/Tkz3vmJ4em@dinet May 22 11:46 am